10 Facts You Should Know About Your Pet’s Oral Care
As a pet parent, it is your responsibility to stay on top of your animal’s health, including his oral health. Routine pet dental care from Van Loon Animal Hospital in Holmen can go a long way toward preventing oral diseases and keeping your pet happy and healthy. Take a look at some facts about pet dental care.
- Dogs and cats are extremely prone to dental disease, with many showing signs of periodontal disease by three years of age. Annual pet teeth cleaning by our Holmen vet can prevent the development of dental diseases.
- Dental disease can impair your pet’s overall health, along with his teeth. If left untreated, bacteria can enter your animal’s bloodstream, causing heart, liver, and kidney problems.
- Anesthesia facilitates professional pet teeth cleaning and protects your dog or cat from pain. Your pet can rest comfortably while our Holmen veterinarian removes bacteria and plaque that can lead to dental disease.
- You should combine professional dental care with home care to promote good oral health. Home dental care entails brushing your pet’s teeth regularly to remove plaque.
- Adding pet dental products like chew toys, treats, etc. to your home care regimen can help keep your animal’s teeth clean.
- Routine pet dental care can save you money in the long run by helping you avoid expensive treatments and surgeries to correct dental issues with your pet’s teeth.
- In addition to dental disease, pets are susceptible to similar dental issues as people, such as discolored teeth, abscesses, cracked teeth, loose teeth, and bad breath.
- Caring for your pet’s teeth can extend his lifespan by two to five years by protecting his vital organs from the effects of periodontal disease.
- Many animals hide their pain, and you may be unaware of your pet’s dental issues unless you have routine pet dental exams.
- Annual dental exams and cleanings from our Holmen veterinarian will enhance your pet’s oral health.
Quality Dental Care from a Veterinarian in Holmen
For quality dental care from a vet you can trust, contact Van Loon Animal Hospital in Holmen at 608-526-2200. We can help keep your pet’s oral health in the best shape.